My Holy Rest

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spiritual Sundays- Living A Godly Life



Sabbath Rest

Rest with the Word of God
His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.
Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness;
and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins. Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:3-11

Sabbath Soaking
 God has given me everything I need not only to live life but to live a godly life. A life of righteousness, a holy life.
 I can live godly because I have knowledge of God. He has shown me Himself in Christ.
 Through His own glory and goodness He has given me very great and precious promises. These promises help me to live godly and to escape the corruption of this world. I escape because I have cast aside evil desires, for the Lord has placed His godly desires in my heart.
 I walk in faith; I wrap faith around my heart so I become faithful in the things of God. In my faithfulness God brings me to goodness and with His goodness He gives me more and more knowledge of Him and as my knowledge increase I want to please Him more and more so I learn self-control which leads me not to give up, I am able to control my thoughts and controlled thoughts enable me to persevere, continuously wrapping godliness around my life and in godliness I can give kindness to all God allows to cross my path and God opens my heart showing me what love in actions looks like when it flows from His heart to mine.
 As God increases in me I increase in faith, goodness, knowledge of Christ, self-control, perseverance, godliness, kindness and love all of this combined keeps me from being ineffective and unproductive in my Knowledge of Christ.
 I seek to always remember I have been cleanse from my past sins; always eager to make my calling and election to join the great witnesses of faith and salvation sure so I cannot fall but walk surely to the eternal kingdom of God, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and receive a glorious welcome.

Sabbath Reflection
How do I grow in my knowledge of God?

Which of these do I fall short of giving God glory; faith, goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, kindness and love?

Sabbath Prayer-Praying the Scriptures
Holy God, Holy Father, Holy Savior thank you O Lord for cleansing me of all my sins, thank you Father for providing me everything I need for godly living. Thank You Lord for Your promises which allows me to participate in Your divine nature. Increase my faith Lord, shower me with a greater knowledge of You, and as my knowledge increase let goodness, self-control, perseverance, kindness and love wrap themselves around my spirit ever flowing into the earth where Your great Name will be glorified, and magnified in the hearts of all people. Lord I love You and I lift my heart in worship for by Your own goodness and glory You called me to life in the earth, but more importantly life eternally with You. Jesus in Your sweet and precious name I pray.

Click Here for more Spiritual Sundays

6 comments:

SmilingSally said...

"God has given me everything I need ... " I like that. Thanks for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sunday.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Wonderful post! Thank you for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

Musings of A Minister said...

Your posts are not quick reads. So I wait until after the morning service and lunch and then in the afternoon I "dig" in. You give us a lot to think about and meditate upon. This is much needed. Thank you.

Charlotte said...

What a good post. It is so important to grow in the knowledge of God. We can never study God's word too much. The knowledge of God is never ending. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Blessings.
Charlotte

Melly said...

Wonderful food for thought, thank you for sharing your post and it's lovely to meet you :)

God bless you
Melly:)

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I will be at work and I will just start getting tears in my eyes because all the God has done for me. What a great post, thank-you.
Blessings,
Ginger