My Holy Rest

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sabbath Rest-Quiet Hope



Sabbath Scripture
It's a good thing to quietly hope, quietly hope for help from God. Lamentation 3:26 Message

Sabbath Reflection
When life is tough and you are in distress how do you hope in the Lord? Is your hope filled with tears, anxiety, restlessness, worry, confusion? What does your hope look like? Is it dressed in complaining and grumbling with a coat of isolation? Does your hope stand alone or does it bring faith and trust with it for company? Does your hope grace itself with praise, prayer and worship? Does it seek the strengthen words of the Lord? My friend what does your hope look like?


Does it resemble the quiet hope of Anna the Prophetess who quietly waited in the temple to see salvation come to Jerusalem in the flesh? (Luke 2:36-38) Does your hope bear a resemblance to the hope of Mary of Bethany who quietly sat at the feet of Jesus and took in all He had to pour into her as she sought understanding? (Luke 10:39) When you examine your hope is it similar to the Widow's Offering who gave all she had, hoping God would turn her little into much. (Luke 21:1-3) Can your hope stand up to Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego who refuse to trust, bow down or serve any but the God of all hope; quietly entering the furnace. “If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, The God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. But even if He doesn’t, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up.” So Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, securely tied, fell into the roaring flames. (Daniel 3:17-18, 23) Does your hope match that of the Woman with the issue of blood who quietly made her way through the crowd to touch the hem where all her hope dwelled? (Mark 5 21:25-32)

It's a good thing to quietly hope, quietly hope for help from God.

Quietly meditate upon these words and let the Holy Spirit speak to your heart.
Where does your hope dwell?
Does your hope know its' help comes from the Lord God?
Are you hoping for something from God right now? What does it look like?

Sabbath Prayer
Holy Father, sometimes our hope is not quiet. We let worry, anxiety, and yes doubt and fear get in the way of our hope. Lord we know You will come through but sometimes we allow the enemy to plant blocks that throw us off course. Lord forgive us and bring us back to pleasing hope where we quietly wait for your deliverance. Jesus in Your Holy name we pray. Amen

Click Here for more Spiritual Sundays

11 comments:

Musings of A Minister said...

Good thoughts. We simply cannot live without hope.

Melly said...

Hope...I hope that my hope is in the Lord I know that I doubt and worry but if I didn't have hope I wouldn't be here....hmmm does that make sense?!
Thank you for your post it has made me stop and think about hope :)

Gods blessings to you and yours
Melly:)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

And these three remain: Faith, Hope, and Love!

And my hope is in the Lord! Isn't He wonderful!

Glory to God! :-)

XO,

Sheila

Joyfulsister said...

Beautiful post my sistah!!
You know it was hope that held me up and saw me through the darkest times when I could not see what was ahead of me. Hope filled with the powerful word and promises of the Lord was the reason I got out of bed each day, to not give up , my blessed hope in Jesus is why I praise him and worship his holy name. He is my hope my all and all.

Hugz Lorie

SmilingSally said...

Hope in Him is what keeps me going. Thanks for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sunday

Julie said...

Hope is what makes me get through the day and cope in times of trouble. Thank you for sharing this wonderful post. Have a restful Sunday..Julie

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I will always have hope! What a great post!
Blessings,
Ginger

Dixie said...

wonderful post. reminds me of what our priest said recently...
"be still, be quite, and listen for the Lord"...
blessings. Dixie

Charlotte said...

This is really something to think about. It is easy to take our eyes off Jesus and start fearing the storms all around us. Thank you for posting this today.
Have a blessed Spiritual Sunday.
Charlotte

Kathy said...

It's never perfectly worshipful or as faithful as it should be, but my hope is in the Lord!
xo...Kathy

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I needed to read this today! Every day the Lord is working with me and making me stronger and stronger during these hard times. I have so much hope and he is showing me the light.
God Bless,
Ginger