My Holy Rest

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spiritual Sunday-Lift Him Up




SABBATH SCRIPTURE
“Blessings on the King who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven, and glory in highest heaven”! But some of the Pharisees among the crowd said “Teacher, rebuke your followers for saying things like that!” He replied, If they kept quiet, the stones along the road would burst into cheers!”
Luke 19:38-40

SABBATH REFLECTION
He is our King, let us rejoice, and let us lift joyful voices in praise to His holy name. Praise Him with the highest praise and give glory to His name. He is our Savior. He left heaven for us. He is worthy of our praise. He carried the shame of the cross for us. He was ridiculed, mocked, and brutally beaten for us. He took on every sin, every disease, unkindness, lie, rebellion, every transgression, and all of our iniquities. He bore the cup of suffering for us; a cup filled and over flowing. We became His passion.


GO DEEPER
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look! There is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! John 1:29

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

Since Christ lives within you, even though your body will die because of sin, your spirit is alive because you have been made right with God Romans 8:10

For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:21

For God sent Jesus to take the punishment for our sins and to satisfy God's anger against us. We are made right with God when we believe that Jesus shed his blood, sacrificing his life for us. God was being entirely fair and just when he did not punish those who sinned in former times. Romans 3:25

SABBATH PRAISE
The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find
protection. He is my shield, the strength of my salvation, and my stronghold. Psalm 18:2

Praise the Lord; praise God our SAVIOR! For each day he carries us in his arms. Psalm 68:19

SABBATH PRAYER
Most Holy One to your name we give all praise, glory and honor. You O Lord are worthy of our praise. Lord God never do we want the stones of the earth to lift their voices in praise of You because we fail to give You the glory and honor due You Majestic name. We lift up Your name, the One who said If I be lifted up I’ll draw all men unto me. Thank You Lord Jesus for drawing us into You. Thank You for making us Your passion, may we daily seek to make You our passion by living as true children of the King of Glory, Who is the King of glory? The LORD Almighty – he is the King of glory. Jesus in Your Saving Name we pray. Amen


DON’T LET THE ROCKS CRY OUR FOR YOU!

Click Here for more Spiritual Sundays

10 comments:

Sue said...

Thank you for reminding me that I need to praise HIM more so that the rocks do not do it for me.
Blessings,
Sue

Anonymous said...

May we never stop praising him. He alone is worthy. Thank you for this reminder.
Charlotte

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, He is so worthy to be praised! I was looking for that scripture the other day, so I'm glad you mentioned it tonight in your essay. Thanks!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Kathy said...

A beautiful post!
Have a glorious Palm Sunday...Kathy

SmilingSally said...

Your post makes me want to sing, "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord."

Thanks for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sunday.

Musings of A Minister said...

Inspirational! Thanks for sharing.

Happily Ever After said...

I enjoyed your words today. We often get caught up in life and fail to give him the praise we should.

Blessings,

Gigi

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

This is the second time today I have heard this! I will praise HIM! Blessings! Lu

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a wonderful post! Thank you for sharing it and let us all PRAISE HIM!

Blessings,
Sandi

anon said...

Thank you for the Sabbath prayer. I have copied it and posted it in my Bible. Judith