My Holy Rest

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Lord take delight in me!


SABBATH SCRIPTURE
She came unto the king no more, except the king delight in her, and that she were called by name. Esther 2:14


SABBATH REFLECTION
Jesus call us to serve Him, all believers have an assignment to reveal to others kingdom space. We are to live in a manner others will want to be a part of God’s wonderful kingdom. Jesus sometimes has special assignments to be carried out in His name; He than looks to His disciples to determine whom He will use. This scripture from the story of Esther which tells us the young girls seeking to be queen only had one night with the king and if he didn’t find delight in her and called her by name she came unto the king no more. It would break my heart if I didn’t please my King, Jesus and He never again called me to an assignment or took away my gifts because He no longer took delight in me. The difference in Jesus and the king of Persia is Jesus will give me another chance; He does not give up on me after one try. Even though Jesus does not give up on us if we do not bring Him delight after one try He expects us to strive to bring delight and glory to His name. How do we bring delight to our Lord, let us look back at the pages of time and find examples of those whom the Lord took delight. David the second King of Israel was not perfect, but the Lord took delight in him, called him the apple of His eye. David learned if he repented from his sins, God would again find favor with Him. Repentance is essential to our relationship with Christ and necessary to claim the Lord has delighted in me. Then David confessed to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.” 2 Samuel 12:13 “Have mercy on me, O God because of Your unfailing love. Because of Your great compassion blot out the stain of my sins. Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin. For I recognize my rebellion it haunts me day and night. Psalm 51:1-3 Repentance is more than confession; it is a change of mind, a commitment to live differently with a new attitude.

Not only must we live in repentance of our sins, we must be obedient to the Lord as was Noah. When God gave Noah instructions to build an ark, He did so without hesitation. I believe God called upon Noah because He delighted in him. He found Noah to be righteous, and blameless. Noah arrived at this place with God because he remained in closed fellowship with Him, therefore when God called upon him he was immediately obedient. Noah gives us a clear roadmap to delighting God; righteous living, fellowship with God and obedience. “So Noah did everything exactly as God had commanded him.” Genesis 6:22As a result Noah and his family were blessed to be the only family alive following the flood. God trusted Noah with two huge assignments, to build the ark and to carry on the human race.

To delight the Lord we must follow the example of Mary of Bethany, who put aside worldly issues to set at the feet of Jesus to learn of Him. We must seek our King; learn from Him that we may know Him
Mary’s desire to delight the Lord resulted in God choosing her to anoint the Savior, what a blessing and what a memorial to leave for us. “Her sister Mary sat at the Lord’s feet, listening to what He taught.” Luke 10: 39 God commands us to seek first His kingdom and His righteousness. Matthew 6:33 God knows each of us by name and He desires to delight in us, but will not force Himself on us He desires not only for us to have an attitude of repentance, and obedience, seeking Him above all else He delights in us when we put on the garments of Christ, love our neighbors and open our hearts and spirits to His will.

DEEPER PERSONAL REFLECTION
Please STOP- bear with me today go back and read the anchor scripture again, slowly and then read it again replacing your name where there are pronouns. What are your thoughts?

DEEPER PERSONAL STUDY
Psalm 51
Genesis 6
John 12:1-7

As for the saints who are in the land, they are the glorious ones in whom is all my delight. Psalm 16:3

but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight," declares the Lord. Jeremiah 9:24 -

But now, this is what the Lord says-- he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. Isaiah 43:1

I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name. Isaiah 45:3

PRAYER OF THE HEART
Most gracious Lord, upon Your holy name I call asking forgiveness of my sins, Merciful God cleanse me from all my guilt, purify me from my sin, grant me a clean heart and renew in me a loyal spirit. Lord it is my heart desire to know You, when I seek You O Lord please reveal Yourself and guide me to true repentance, and obedience. Lord I thank you because You are a Just God forgiving me of my wrongdoings when I confess them to You. Lord please never forget my name and take delight in me, knowing it is the ultimate will of my soul to serve You. In the name of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Jesus The Christ, I pray. Amen


Click Here for more Spiritual Sundays

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a thought provoking post. I certainly hope that he takes delight in me. I love the story of Esther.
Have a wonderful Spiritual Sunday.
Charlotte

Melly said...

Amen!
I do hope that as I delight in Him that He will delight in me.
God bless you
Melly:)

SmilingSally said...

He delights in our praises. Thanks for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sunday.

Lisa said...

Amen!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

This makes me think! Thank-you for always having me open my mind.
God Bless,
Ginger