My Holy Rest

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sanctuary


Sabbath Scripture
I will put my Sanctuary among them forever. Ezekiel 37:26

Sabbath Reflection
God desires to be our God. His whole plan of salvation was to be our God. Everything God does is directed toward our seeing Him as the one and only true God who desires a relationship with His creation. From Genesis to Revelation God reveals Himself to us, inviting us to His Kingdom. He open the door by giving His only begotten Son, holding to His promise He made a new covenant with His creation, an everlasting covenant and He made His Sanctuary with us. God dwells with every believing heart. He is our heart, dwelling within to guide us, strengthen and keep us. When trouble comes, when hurt reveals itself God is ever so close to extinguish the trouble and ease the pains of an aching spirit.

God told Ezekiel “My dwelling place will be with them; I will be their God and they will be my people. Then the nations will know that I the Lord make Israel holy, when my Sanctuary is among them forever.” Ezekiel 37:27-28 The Lord God dwells with us to make us holy, He commands us to be holy as He is holy and He is so good He empowers us through His Holy Spirit to be holy. There is no need for a child of God to be troubled to the point of desperation in fear, worry, hopelessness for we have a God who has laid out the way and the answer for all we are confronted. Jehovah God has already worked everything out. When we trust in the God who has made His sanctuary among us we can rejoice in troubles because we understand trouble don’t last always and joy will surely come with the morning. We are aware God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love Him and are called
according to His purpose for them. Romans 8:28 Living holy means we do not dwell in our troubles, sorrows, hurts, anger, issues, but we seek the face of God who will deliver us and to Him we give glory. Living holy means we do not shame our God by doubting and worrying tossing about like the ocean waves, but we lift up our hearts and spirits and wait for the Lord of Host to rescue us. Living holy means I show up at the temple with a praise in my heart, worship in my spirit and I give my all to God dwelling in His holy Presence because I live His truths, I live in faith showing forth the reason for my hope and my salvation. We serve a caring, compassionate all knowing God who has done everything to make us His people and He waits with open arms for us to answer the call; “I'll make a covenant of peace with them that will hold everything together, an everlasting covenant. I'll make them secure and place my holy place of worship at the center of their lives forever.” (The Message) In the sanctuary of the Lord I am safe, my heart is filled with peace, knowing the Sovereign God is my hiding place, the place where I dwell.

Deeper Personal Reflection
How does your life reflect God as a dwelling presence in you?
Does you life evidence God dwells in your heart in times of trouble?

Deeper Personal Study
Ezekiel 37:15-28

Prayer of the Heart
Precious Father in me You have put Your Holy Sanctuary, dwell with me Father all my days and Lord God I pray by Thy Spirit I will be a sanctuary, holy and true for You. I need Your Holy Presence Lord, for You are my Keeper and at Your Right Hand are pleasures evermore. May I dwell daily in the everlasting temple. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen


Click Here for more Spiritual Sundays

7 comments:

Saleslady371 said...

I am so glad that I have a covenant with the living God. He took a shy, frightened woman and poured His Spirit in me and helps me love others and encourage them. Glory to God!

Musings of A Minister said...

Comforting, uplifting words that draw us closer to a God who loves us and is always near working in all things for our good. Thank you for posting.

Charlotte said...

Thank you for this assuring post. It is always good to be reminded of these truths.
Have a wonderful Spiritual Sunday.
Charlotte

SmilingSally said...

It's good to be reminded that the God of the universe desires to live in me. Thanks for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sunday.

Lisa said...

Great reminder! Our God is an awesome God!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

This post makes me feel safe.
Thank-you for these Scriptures today.
God Bless,
Ginger

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Thank you for sharing a wonderful post. Enjoy your Sunday.

Blessings,
Sandi