My Holy Rest

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Trusting in the Lord



Sabbath Prayer
Let me Hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in You I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to You I lift my soul. Psalm 143:8

Sabbath Reflection
When I walk in the way of the unrighteous, I lift my soul to You O Righteous God.
Jesus becomes my righteousness and I am restored to Your holy presence. I am restored because of Your great love, which is unfailing and steadfast. It is with me always and it's seeks after me with open arms. I am restored because I place my trust in You, I pray to hear and know Your love early in the morning; I pray for your counsel to take me from the wrong path, where I am lost in darkness. I cry out to You O Lord, don't leave me here too long. Your kindness is poured out on me, You give me reassurance there are treasures of light in darkness. You tell me to be courageous and seek Your goodness. When I lift my soul to You I find my trust is well place, for You offer me peace and joy in the midst of my troubles. Now I cry out in praise, my lips are filled with adoration and I bow before Your holy temple in worship. I praise your holy name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness; I have learned all your promises are backed by all the honor of Thy great name. I called and You answered giving strength to my soul. (Psalm 138:2-3 paraphrased) You whisper to my heart 'I will not forsake the work of my hands, I the Lord will fulfill My purpose for your life, for my love for you endures forever. (Psalm 138:8, paraphrased)

The Lord, our God is with us in our troubles. When we call upon His great Name with a sincere heart He hears and He answers. The Lord desires to lead us, He desires to give us good counsel. We can find direction and comfort in His word. There is power in His word and in His name for He has exalted them above all things. Psalm 138:2b (ESV). Turn to God in your troubles, He will be there in the morning with loving kindness. You do not have to go through alone, Jesus is waiting with outstretch arms, He will take your hand and give you joy evermore.

Personal Deeper Meditation
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you." Psalm 32:8
Psalm 143
Psalm 138

Sabbath Prayer

Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised. I lift my soul to You O Lord in gratefulness. You are good and loving and kind. Your mercies are new every morning and Your love is ever flowing. You O Lord have set my path and You O lord will guide me to everlasting life. Thank You Father for being with me in all my troubles and for lifting my soul to You in love and adoration. You are my God, my Lord, my Savior, my Deliverer. In Your great Name Jesus I pray. Amen


Click Here for more Spiritual Sundays

7 comments:

Saleslady371 said...

It is so encouraging to know the Lord is right there in our trials. I love His kindness in the morning!

Lisa said...

Beautiful! I don't know about you but I'm SO glad His mercy is new every morning! Great post!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Your post reminds me of a couple of songs we sing at church. Thank-you for a great post.
Blessings,
Ginger

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a wonderful post! Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful Sunday.

Blessings,
Sandi

Musings of A Minister said...

Another uplifting, faith building post. Thank you. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

A great post as always. It's refreshing, kind of like the water in your header picture.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Kathy said...

Wonderful reflections!
xo...Kathy