My Holy Rest

Friday, April 10, 2009

It is Finished


SABBATH SCRIPTURE
Jesus said, “It is finished.” Then He bowed His head and released His Spirit. John 19: 30

SABBATH REFLECTION
Jesus life was not taken, it was freely given. He gave it for you and me. “When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners.” Romans 5:6

Jesus fulfilled God’s plan for salvation. He became the sacrificial lamb, meeting all God’s standards for sacrificial offerings. For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. He was chosen before the creation of the world, 1Peter 1:18-20

We all have been taught and know the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
And this is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth. John 17:3

God so loved us He gave His one and only son, the Christ; Jesus so loved the Father He was made us His passion by becoming obedient even unto death. What can we do to repay this debt? All we can offer back to God is a heart of gratitude, wrapped in obedience. So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life - your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life - and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. Romans 12:1-2


SABBATH PRAYER
Lord my heart is overflowing with love for you because You have loved me so completely. You gave me Your very best gift, Your very own Son. He went through an agonizing death so I could be reconciled to You. He brought me fellowship, He brought me intimacy. He gave His all for me. Lord my pitiful thank you is not enough, so I ask You to fill me with Thy Holy Spirit to lead me to giving all of my body to You, a living and holy sacrifice. Father God help me to fully embrace all You have done for me by being obedient to Your every command as Christ my Lord my Savior, my Redeemer has model for me. In Jesus magnificent and awesome name I give praise, worship and offer this prayer. Amen

Click Here for more Spiritual Sundays

7 comments:

Charlotte said...

I so much appreciate the contribution you make each week to Spiritual Sundays. Your posts are always inspiring. Thank you for sharing.
Have a blessed Resurrection Sunday.
Charlotte

Sue said...

What an awesome post, I want to lay everything down at His feet as an offering of thanksgiving to Him for what He has and continues to do for me. Thank you so much for this most inspiring post. Wishing you and your family a most blessed and joyous Happy Resurrection Sunday.
Sue

Musings of A Minister said...

As always you have lifted us up with your words from Scripture, about the word of God, and words of prayer.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a lovely post. Thanks so much for sharing with us! Hope you have a lovely Sunday... Glory to God, Jesus is RISEN! :-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

Kathy said...

A beautiful post!
Happy Easter...Kathy

SmilingSally said...

Thanks for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sunday. I wish you a Blessed Easter as you celebrate our risen Lord.

Do you realize that you have two sound things playing at the same time?

Decor To Adore said...

We will never be loved more. Happy Easter to you. Be blessed!