My Holy Rest

Saturday, March 21, 2009

-A Sabbath Rest- "I will restore your soul!"

Spiritual Sundays
I will restore Your Soul

Sabbath Scripture
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.


Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

God’s Promise
When your heart feels heavy, overwhelmed, worn-out, I promise to bring refreshment to your soul. I will make you rest where it is quiet and peaceful. I will lead you to where you can be renewed. I will restore your soul to a state of health and soundness. (Heather Kopp- God’s Little Book of Guarantees)

God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing. You have bedded me down in lush meadows; you find me quiet pools to drink from. True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction. Even when the way goes through Death Valley, I'm not afraid when you walk at my side. Your trusty shepherd's crook makes me feel secure. You serve me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies. You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing. Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life. I'm back home in the house of God for the rest of my life. The Message

God’s Promise
Whatever your need I’ve got it. There is no need for you worry, your needs are held in the palm of my hands. When you need a place to rest I will provide you a lush green space to rest your soul, you will be able to drink from my waters of refreshing, soaking in my word leading you to a fill table where I will fill your cup until it spills over and you will know my love and see my beauty all the days of your life because I will bring you into my holy house to dwell.

God’s Beauty
God is my Supplier; I never have to stand in need.
God is my Leader; I am lead along His path where I find a place of rest.
God is my Director; I am direct to spaces of stillness.
God is my Restorer, my soul is restored.
God is my Righteousness; Christ in me makes me righteous before God
God is my Companion. I never walk alone
God is my Courage; I walk fearlessly with Him at my side.
God is my Comforter; I am consoled in my sorrows.
God is my Nourishment, my table is always filled, my enemies scatter because they see God’s awesome care of me.
God is my Anointer; He constantly anoints me to do His will
God is my Source, my cup is ever overflowing.
God is my Goodness; He fills me with goodness and shows me how to pour it out on others
God is my Love, He fills me with Himself and His loves flows from me.
God is my Dwelling Place; I am kept under the shadow of His wings.

Sabbath Rest Reflection
Where do you go when you need to rest your spirit?


Do you seek a space where you can connect to God?

Do you ever allow yourself moments to take a breath?

When you are afraid by what life is offering you do you invite God to walk with you?

Reflect upon the ways and times God has filled your cup when you went to Him for restoration.

How do you see God’s beauty in these scriptures?

Sabbath Praise
Great God, You are My Lord, my keeper, my love. It is You who guide my heart and You who bring me to quiet places of rest when this world becomes too much for me. You keep me in the shadow of Your wings where I am protected; You are my strength and my provider. You O Lord are my strong tower, I look to the hills from whence cometh my help, because I know my help always comes form You O Lord, King of Glory. I love you. Jesus in Your Name I give this offering of praise. Amen

Click Here for more Spiritual Sundays

8 comments:

Kathy said...

A beautiful post! What comfort can be found in the 23rd Psalm. Have you ever read "Traveling Light" by Max Lucado? The entire book is about that passage. It's fabulous - I highly recommend it. Have a beautiful Sunday....Kathy

SmilingSally said...

I love to read this Psalm slooowly and focus on each line. Thank you.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I love this scritpure! I wanted to play the song Restore My Soul along with my post for today. After looking for a long time I couldn't find it so I decided to changed my post. I love to have time along with God, it just makes everything okay!
Blessings,
Ginger

bp said...

Thank you for sharing, I like all the descriptions of who God is....our dwelling place, isn't that a comfort!

Joyfulsister said...

Happy Happy Sunday Sistah!!
I love the photo of the pathway and bridge, so soothing and goes so well with your beauitful words of the Psalms. I know I will get my soul amd spirit lifted when I come to visit you. I'm sorry to get back so late about the floating hearts, I have been so distracted lately..pray for me!!
If you go to my blog look at the right sode panel and go down till you see a pink sign that says floating hearts and click on it. If you need naymore help with it give me a holler!!

Luv Ya Lorie

Musings of A Minister said...

These are soothing, comforting,beautiful words that bring peace to my heart on this Sunday afternoon. Thanks for posting them and causing me to remember...I hope you win one of the books, A Walk With Christ To The Cross, but even if you do it will be after Easter before you receive it. I am going to send you a list of books that I like to read at this time of the year. Maybe there will be one you will want to buy soon and start reading. Have a good day.

Charlotte said...

A wonderful post on a beautiful Psalm. I like the translation you used. We can't be reminded of these truths too much. Thank you for sharing with us.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Musings of A Minister said...

The list I promised: I have two copies of The First Easter by Peter Marshall laying out right now. One is in Hindee, so I can't read it. Both copies were sent to me by our missionary in India. The Case for Easter by Lee Strobel is a small paperback book.A small hard back book,also by Lee Strobel is called Experiencing The Passion of Jesus.John Piper has a book called, The Passion of Jesus Christ. In this book he gives 50 reasons why He came to die. The Message of The Resurrection by Paul Beasley-Murray is good. Hank Hanegraaff has a book called simply, Resurrection. Lastly I will mention N.T.Wright's book,The Resurrection of The Son of God. It is a huge, very serious study of the resurrection. I doubt that you want to read this as a devotional type of book leading up to Easter. But someday if you want to get into deep, serious theology you might want to take it on. God bless you as you live for Him!