My Holy Rest

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spiritual Sunday-Resting









Sabbath Rest

The Lord calls us to observe the Sabbath, to keep it holy; to not engage in any work. Today I invite you to rest with these words, reflect upon them. How do they speak to your heart? What do you believe God is saying to you? How will you apply these words to your life? Study each translation and gleam more and more as God speaks to your heart as He spoke to mine.

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. Psalm 27:4 KJV

One thing I always wanted from the Lord, and I will now seek after it. I want to dwell in His house all the days of my life. I want to experience His beauty up close and reflect upon His sanctuary. Not every other day, not some days but I want this every day of my life.

Just one thing have I asked of ADONAI; only this will I seek: to live in the house of ADONAI all the days of my life, to see the beauty of ADONAI and visit in his temple. Complete Jewish Bible


I am only going to seek one thing, to live with the Lord in His house. I shall devote each day to living with the Lord. This means I will put on His clothes of righteousness, holiness, love, grace, mercy, compassion, and peace. I will walk gently and humbly with a peaceful heart, giving generously, obeying the commands given to me by Adonai. This way I will see His beauty for I will be living it as He daily fills me with His Spirit.

One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. NIV

I will search for the Lord in His temple, His dwelling place, His sanctuary. I will daily search my heart and my spirit, the place where God Holy Spirit dwells. I will cleanse myself of those things which are not of God and does not bring Him glory. You realize, don't you, that you are the temple of God, and God himself is present in you? No one will get by with vandalizing God's temple, you can be sure of that. God's temple is sacred - and you, remember, are the temple. 1 Corinthians 3:16-17

The one thing I ask of the LORD – the thing I seek most – is to live in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, delighting in the LORD's perfections and meditating in his Temple. NLT

I will rejoice in the Lord as I daily mediate upon His word. I will seek quiet moments to dwell upon His perfect and good ways. I will still my heart and spirit and dwell upon His beauty. I will open my lips in delightful praise.

I'm asking God for one thing, only one thing: To live with him in his house my whole life long. I'll contemplate his beauty; I'll study at his feet. The Message

I will spend time in deep thought, meditating upon His great beauty. I will rest at His feet, listening for His voice as I study His holy word.

Prayer
Thank You Lord for a Sabbath rest, may I rest with your word all the day long. Lead me to Your sacred sanctuary show me Your beauty as I dwell at Your feet, let me hear Thy sweet voice. Jesus, Lord and Savior in Your Name I pray. Amen

Click Here for more Spiritual Sundays

5 comments:

SmilingSally said...

It would be good to spend the day in communion with God. Thanks for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sunday.

Charlotte said...

Thank you for sharing all these wonderful scriptures with us today. It is certainly a reminder to me that I need to spend more time meditating on His word.
I'm glad you shared this with us on Spiritual Sundays.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Thank you for sharing this with us today. Have a wonderful Spiritual Sunday and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Musings of A Minister said...

Very comforting and uplifting verses that bring peace to the heart. I believe that the best way to study and glean from the Scriptures is to read them in several different translations (and even a paraphrase Bile if you are careful). I have many Bibles and one that has 26 translations. Thanks for this post.

Julie said...

Thank you for sharing! Have a restful Sunday...Julie