My Holy Rest

Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Sabbath Rest-Spiritual Sundays


"Finding Favor with God, Preparing a Christmas Heart”

Sabbath Prayer
Blessed Father, Most Holy One upon Your great Name I call. Father it is my heart’s desire to find favor with You. I seek to bring pleasure to Your heart. Please rest with me today and lead me to those things which are pleasing to You. In Jesus sweet Name I pray. Amen

Sabbath Scripture
In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee,
to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin's name was Mary. The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you." Luke 1:26-28

Sabbath Reflection
We are first told by Gabriel that Mary found favor with God. How do we begin to find favor with God that on Christmas morn He looks at us and be pleased? I believe once we look at the entire story we find Mary had not only an open heart but a knowing heart. She knew enough about God to accept and believe Gabriel’s words. God possibly chose Mary to carry His son because He had searched her heart and knew she was a woman after His own heart. Are you a woman/man after God’s own heart? Do you keep your heart open to receive whatever He tells you, are you constantly listening to hear from Him? Does your heart know it can trust and believe whatever God speaks to it? As you prepare for Christmas Day open your heart and fill it with the knowledge of all God has done for us through Christ. Let your heart daily rest on God’s truths and His works. Read the words of the Prophets who foretold the coming of Christ. Search the scriptures and watch how the words of the prophets come to life. Let this knowledge penetrate your spirit and come Christmas morning let your spirit rejoice as it remembers how Christ left His heavenly home and came to earth for all the world. Lifting your voice in joyous praise, I believe God will be pleased, looking upon you with favor.

The Promise
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isa 9:6

The Promise fulfilled
For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. Colossian 1:19-20

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 1Jo 2:1

The Promise
The people who walk in darkness will see a great light – a light that will shine on all who live in the land where death casts its shadow. Isaiah 9:2

The Promise Fulfilled
Life itself was in him, and this life gives light to everyone.
The light shines through the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it. John 1:4-5

The Prophet Speaks
All of us have strayed away like sheep. We have left God's paths to follow our own. Yet the LORD laid on him the guilt and sins of us all. Isaiah 53:6


The Prophet’s Word Manifested
Finally, they came to a place called The Skull. They nailed him to the cross. Luke 23:33

The Prophet Speaks
When he sees all that is accomplished by his anguish, he will be satisfied. And because of what he has experienced, my righteous servant will make it possible for many to be counted righteous, for he will bear all their sins. Isaiah 53:11



The Prophet’s Word Manifested
Because one person disobeyed God, many people became sinners. But because one other person obeyed God, many people will be made right in God's sight. Romans 5:19


Quiet Time Reflection -My Favor with God

Do I bring peace to the world or am I the creator of chaos, and confusion?
Do I seek counsel from Jesus, or do I look to others first?
Do I continually walk in the light or do I cover myself with darkness?
Do I follow God’s path or my own?
Do I walk righteously?

Prayer
Father God, let me please you by walking in peace, seeking Your counsel first, let me always walk in Your light, hating the darkness. Help me Father God to walk in your purpose and stay on the path You have ordained for me and as I walk let me walk righteously bringing honor to Your Holy Name. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen

Deeper Study

Isaiah 53

Click Here for more Spiritual Sundays

7 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Your prayer is the key: to walk in His light. Happy Spiritual Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Your post was a Rheama word for me.
Thank You Lord!

Anonymous said...

How important it is to have a heart prepared for Him. I have often wondered how Mary must have felt to be chosen to be the mother of the Savior of the world. Thank you for sharing these thoughts with us.
Charlotte

Shimmy Mom said...

Good questions to ask ourselves. And you are right. Prayer is the key. We must go to Him first.
*hugs*

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Prepare a Christmas heart, that's what it all means to me :). I always come back several times to appreciate your post each Sunday, thank you so much for your lovely words, thoughts, prayers and scriptures.

Blessings,
Kathi :)

Anonymous said...

This is a great post for making sure that we are Christ-centered at Christmas but the rest of the year as well. I've read it twice already and I'm sure I'll be reading it again as we approach Christmas. Thanks so much!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

These are such wonderful words thank-you. I love your Christmas Greeting also its so pretty. Sometimes I don't have time to read all of the post on Sunday so I like to come back during the week.
God Bless,
Ginger