My Holy Rest

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Spiritual Sundays- Celebration


Today I am doing something different. I want us to remember not only do we celebrate the Birth of our Savior but we celebrate His life. There is no way I can bring Honor to His entire life here but prayerfully a few reminders we celebrate all Jesus is- Our Lord, our Savior, Our God. Let Your heart rest on His ministry, His life and His death and because of His obedience we have a relationship with God, we have become children of God, we have inherited a Kingdom and we have everlasting life through Christ; The Prince of Peace, Emmanuel God with us, our Wonderful Counselor. The Alpha and Omega-the Beginning and the End.

Somewhere this past week I read on another site (and I am sorry I can't give you credit I don't remember where but perhaps you are visiting today and can let us know) "Jesus is not a season, He is the "REASON" this has stayed with me this entire week and thus you have my tribute to the "Reason". It is my prayer I not only keep Jesus in my Christmas but that I make Him my Christmas. Without Him there would be not Reason. I pray I will carry Christmas in my heart everyday as I rest on and in His ministry of teaching, healing, humility, generosity, peace, gentleness, grace, mercy, compassion, obedience and most of all love. It was love which nail Him to the cross. It was love which kept Him on the cross. Let Love make Him your Christmas.

Happy Birthday Jesus, my Lord, my Savior, my God. All glory, honor, power and praise belongs to You.

I hope you enjoy the slide Show


Prayer
Father God, I pray blessings to all who share with me and Spiritual Sunday may their Christmas be joyous and filled with Your Love God the Everlasting Father, God the Son;the Everlasting Savior and God the Holy Spirit. In Jesus most precious, sweet and loving name I pray. Amen


Click Here for more Spiritual Sundays

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this beautiful post Willnette. Certainly Jesus is the Reason. Can you just imagine what our world would be like now without Him? It certainly wouldn't be a world I would want to be in.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Musings of A Minister said...

Thank you for the good words you wrote and also for the slide show.

Cherdecor said...

I enjoyed reading your thoughts tonight and also your slide show.
Blessings,
Cheryl

SmilingSally said...

A Blessed Christmas to you, Willnette. Thank you for sharing.

Judith said...

Thank you for the thoughts and preparation you put into your blog. There four of your slides which spoke to me 1. Faithful touch 2. Jesus serves 3. He carries my sins and burdens 4. He lives

May I wish you a Happy Christmas
Judith

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

What a wonderful post again. Your slide show was wonderful as well.
God Bless,
Ginger

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

This is so beautiful, I too was thinking of a child growing into a man then dying for me. The slide show was wonderful!

Christmas Blessings,
Kathi :)

Carrie said...

Wonderful post...the reason for the Christmas season is to remind us of our God, Who came to live as our Example and special Big Brother. Every day we need to consider, what would Jesus do?