My Holy Rest

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sabbath Rest-The Lord's Servant






Sabbath Prayer
Father God, I am Your Servant, may I walk according to Your word, Your truths. Grow my heart until it reflects that of Your daughter Mary and Jesus Your beloved Son. Let my heart be in total surrender to You, Most Holy One. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen

Sabbath Scripture
I am the Lord’s Servant. May everything you have said about me come true. And then the angel left her. Luke 1:38

Sabbath Thoughts

Mary’s words speak total surrender to God. My life to You O Lord I bow down. My will is insignificant, only Your will is of the utmost importance. My plans are Your plans, thought I don’t understand all You have said to me, I trust You and I give my will to You, God Most High. I accept Your wisdom, for it is far greater than mine. I seek only to be pleasing to You, whatever service You give me Lord I accept.

Mary’s actions speak total surrender to God. Lord I was afraid when Gabriel called me highly favored. I must confess I am even more afraid now, I am a virgin, and what will Joseph think? What will my parents think? What will the people of this community think? O Lord I will not let these fears hinder me. I will trust in You for guidance and understanding. Mary didn’t let herself be besieged with doubts and fears. She didn’t give the enemy a chance to attack, she open her heart to God and followed His lead and went to Elizabeth to help her sort through her feelings. She sought strength to aid her to meet any obstacles ahead.

Mary’s surrendered heart speaks God promises stand. “May everything You have said about me come true.” I will be the mother of my Savior, Son of the Most High God. I will be the mother of my deliverer, my peace. I will give birth to the Bread of Life, the Alpha and the Omega, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Sabbath Reflection
Mary believed God. “You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said. Luke 1: 45

Are you a true believer? Does your life reflect you know God will do all He has promised you?

God promises to be your Savior

I am the LORD, and there is no other Savior. Isaiah 43:11

It will be a sign and a witness to the LORD Almighty in the land of Egypt. When the people cry to the LORD for help against those who oppress them, he will send them a savior who will rescue them. Isaiah 19:20


Powerful kings and mighty nations will bring the best of their goods to satisfy your every need. You will know at last that I, the LORD, am your Savior and Redeemer, the Mighty One of Israel. Isaiah 60:16

For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song." Zephaniah 3:17

And God will open wide the gates of heaven for you to enter into the eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:11

God word is full of His promises; have you put the promise of a Savior in your heart? Does your everyday life reflect your belief in God and His promises? Does your every step reflect you daily remember a night over 2000 years ago where in a little town called Bethlehem, God sent His greatest promise. The Savior – yes, the Messiah, the Lord – has been born tonight in Bethlehem, the city of David! Luke 2:11 Do you daily remember The Promise at Calvary? When they came to a place called the Skull, they nailed him to the cross. Luke 23:33



Can you say “I am the Lord’s Servant. May everything you have said about me come true.


Prayer
O Most Holy God, may I daily cry I am the Lord’s servant, May everything you have said about me come true. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.

Click Here for more Spiritual Sundays

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post as always!
Bless You0

SmilingSally said...

I put my life in God's hands many years ago, and I still trust Him. Thank you for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sunday!

Musings of A Minister said...

Splendid post. Our preacher announced this morning that next Sunday he plans to preach on Mary and the angels visit. I appreciate your thoughts and I will be looking forward to his message.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful insight into Mary's mind. God has given us so many wonderful promises. What a shame that most of the world misses them. Thank you for the reminder.
Blessings,
Charlotte

michelle said...

What a powerful message! It gave me goose bumps! Thank you!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Ah yes, thank you for interpreting this for me in this way. You've opened my eyes and heart to a new way of looking at this - the heart and mind of Mary.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I love your whole post but this paragraph speaks volumes to me:

"Mary’s actions speak total surrender to God. Lord I was afraid when Gabriel called me highly favored. I must confess I am even more afraid now, I am a virgin, and what will Joseph think? What will my parents think? What will the people of this community think? O Lord I will not let these fears hinder me. I will trust in You for guidance and understanding. Mary didn’t let herself be besieged with doubts and fears. She didn’t give the enemy a chance to attack, she open her heart to God and followed His lead and went to Elizabeth to help her sort through her feelings. She sought strength to aid her to meet any obstacles ahead."

Mary was afraid initially, she had concerns. But she didn't falter for an instant. Even though she was afraid she still immediately -- IMMEDIATELY -- gave herself to God's will and trusted in Him. How I long to be able to do that.