My Holy Rest

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sabbath Rest- Gifts

Sabbath Rest Prayer
Heavenly Father, with much adoration and love, we give thanks for Christ the Messiah. We give thanks O Father for all Jesus has done for us. For this great gift we give you praise, glory and honor. We ask O Lord thy God for your guidance. Guide us in giving Jesus gifts worthy of our King; gifts which reflect our love and gratitude for life granted to us by Your Son, our Savior, Jesus the Christ. In His most holy and mighty name we pray. Amen.

Sabbath Rest Scripture
They entered the house and saw the child in the arms of Mary, his mother. Overcome, they kneeled and worshiped him. Then they opened their luggage and presented gifts: gold, frankincense, myrrh. Matthew 2:11


Sabbath Rest Reflections
The wise men travel a great distance seeking Jesus. We don’t have to travel very far to seek Him, yet we often fail in this task. He is very close by us waiting for us to come. God has also provided us a star, the Bible. We only need to open it and tenderly search the scriptures. Sometimes we have to dig deep, other time we can Him on the surface with no digging at all. In either case He promises if you seek me, you will find me. Just as the wise men saw Him when they entered the house, we will see Him when we enter the word.

Just as the wise men saw Jesus in Mary’s arms, we when wise often find ourselves in Jesus arms. Jesus has become our refuge and strength and He will hold us in His arms as long as needed.

As Jesus daily cares for you, become overcome by His grace and love. Stand in awe of His great care and concern for you and Kneel and worship. Bow down your life to Him, and bring gifts worthy of our God. As you move from Christmas Day move to the Spirit of Christmas presenting God with costly gifts, which cost you something, Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. Deuteronomy 6:5, and love your neighbor as yourself. Matthew 22:39. Loving God with everything we have, with our all and our neighbor as our self will lead us to giving gifts reflective of our Savior. To begin this process we must open our heart to Jesus, truly allowing Him to dwell in us and live through us. When we let Jesus do the God thing in and through us we give Him one of the greatest gifts we can offer. In essence we are saying I sacrifice myself to You Lord, use me, mold me, grow me, shaping me into what you would have me to be, work through me Lord . I have so little to give You, but me and I freely give to You, my body as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable.


In what ways do you identify with the Wise Men?
What other gifts can you bring to Jesus in the coming year?
Spend time with the wise men this week seeking truths you can apply to your life.



Prayer

Lord, we can’t thank you enough for Jesus. It appears we have so few gifts to give to you Lord that are worthy. We ask You today to guide us in giving gifts which are pleasing to you. Fill our heart with Your word, your truths and help us to live Your word, Your truth until we are truly living sacrifices, holy and acceptable to You. In Jesus Name we pray.

Click Here for more Spiritual Sundays

7 comments:

Musings of A Minister said...

Serious message with great questions for us to meditate on. We need to ponder your message and questions and be ready to give an answer. Thank you for causing me to think.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

That is a great post! I say "Amen."
Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

Anonymous said...

The gift that Jesus really wants from us is our hearts. How can anyone reject such perfect love? Yet millions are rejecting him and many don't even know it. I pray that God will open our eyes.
Thank you for sharing this.
blessings,
Charlotte

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Amen!You always have such powerful post that keep me thinking.
God Bless,
Ginger

SmilingSally said...

Good questions; they cannot be answered quickly. Thank you for sharing.

Plant Lady said...

Wonderful post! Thanks for causing me to think.

Plant Lady

SmilingSally said...

I have not heard from you in response to my email. I need your name and address so that I can get the publisher to mail your Joel Olsteen book.

smilingsal55 AT yahoo DOT com