My Holy Rest

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Worship----- My Sabbath Rest


Sabbath Rest Scripture

Who may worship in your sanctuary, LORD? Who may enter your presence on your holy hill? Psalm 15:1

My Sabbath Prayer
O Lord, Thy God I come seeking to enter Your Holy Presence. O Lord bring me into Thy sanctuary that I may worship. Cleanse me of all impurities, ready my heart and spirit to meet with You Lord. I desire to sup with you growing in understanding of your word, your ways and Your will. Rain down on me my Lord, filling me Thy Holy Spirit. In Jesus Name, I pray Amen.

My Sabbath Study
Psalm 15 teaches us what God requires of His people. The character He desires us to have, these verses teaches God requires us to live a life of worship. To enter His holy presence we must reflect Him in our every day lives. Our hearts should be a reflection of God. True worship is when we bow down our lives to God.

Lives bowed down in truth. A worshipful heart is sincere filled with truth leading me to live righteously, so I will appear blameless before my God.
Those who lead blameless lives and do what is right, speaking the truth from sincere hearts. Psalm 15:2

Lives bowed down in godly speech. No evil flows from my lips only blessings and edification. My lips seek not to tear down, only to build up that all who hear will find grace.
Those who refuse to gossip or harm their neighbors or speak evil of their friends. Psalm 15:3

Lives bowed down in honor. I stand not with sinners; I despise those who persist in sin, refusing to believe in the righteousness of God. I give respect and admiration to the faithful followers of the Lord. I keep my promises to believers even when it hurts for that is what the Lord requires of me. In this matter I liken my self to Christ, for thought it hurt He willing nailed Himself to the cross, not forgetting His promise to being salvation to a dying world.
Those who despise persistent sinners, and honor the faithful followers of the LORD and keep their promises even when it hurts. Psalm 15:4

Lives bowed down in generosity, greed does not sit at my door, and the love of money does not fit my lifestyle. Freely and generously I give and lend, expecting nothing in return. I full well know God is my source I do not have to engage in behaviors contrary to the will of God, for He will take care of all my needs.
Those who do not charge interest on the money they lend, and who refuse to accept bribes to testify against the innocent.

Such people will stand firm forever. Psalm 15:5


My Sabbath Reflection
Answer the following questions.
Ask the Holy Spirit to show you your true heart as you seek to answer.

Do I meet all of God requirements to enter His sanctuary?
Is my whole life a life of worship?
What does my worship look like on a day to day basis?
What does my worship look like when I enter my church?
How is my life bowed down to God?
What do I need to change in my life to enter God’s Presence and offer worship?

My Prayer of Change Father God, it is my desire to lead a life of worship, true worship. Change me and make me ready in heart, soul, and mind to enter Your Holy Presence. Help me dear
Lord to live worshipfully daily in all my ways. Help me dear God, my Lord, to stand firm all my days, meeting Your requirements for true worship. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen

Click Here for more Spiritual Sundays

6 comments:

Plant Lady said...

What a beautiful post on worship! This morning, I find My Sabbath Prayer the prayer of my heart. I want ot be in the sanctuary of God today so I can experience true worship. I want understanding of His Word and Will.

Thank you God Chaser for this devotional post today!

Blessings~
Plant Lady

Joyfull said...

Beautiful devotion and encouragement for us to live a life of worship which will reflect itself in all areas of our life. Thank you for sharing and for being a blessing.

Amanda said...

This is my heart's cry.

Charlotte said...

We need to always remember that our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit. Thank you for this post and thank you for sharing it with us on Spiritual Sundays.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

What a great prayer! Thank-you for all of your thoughts today.
Ginger

Unknown said...

These are questions that need to be asked continually. It is so easy to get off coarse and flirt with the world.

You have really created an abiding place here on this blog. I feel the Lord's presence the moment that I arrive!

Praise Him!
KJ