My Holy Rest

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sabbath Rest


Sabbath Scripture

“My heart has heard you say, Come and talk with me.” And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.” Psalm 27:8(NLT)

Sabbath Prayer
Glorious Father, praise and honor to Your Holy Name. Great is my God and greatly to be praised. I praise your name with a joyful heart. My soul cries out praise the Lord God of Heaven and earth, give Him the glory which is His and His alone. Blessed Father into Your Presence I desire to be, grant me entrance into Thy holy tabernacle. Lord my heart hears Your call and I come for fellowship, for growth, for communion with You my Lord. Lord I come for worship. In the Sweet Name of the Lord Jesus Christ I pray. Amen

Sabbath Learnings
The Lord desires to spend time with me; He daily waits for me to come. He calls me to fellowship with Him. He seeks to draw me closer to Him “Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you.” James 4:8. The way to closeness with God is through prayer. He says come talk with me. The Lord is saying don’t just give me a list of requests but share your heart with me and let me share my heart with you. Speak to Me and let Me speak back to You. I will give you directions for your life. I will empower you to move for Me,

My heart says of you "Seek his face!" Your face, Lord, I will seek.(NIV)
Another way to closeness with God is through His written word. God’s face is seen in His word. His countenance is seen from Genesis to Revelation. We see God when we recognize His characteristics, when we apply all of Christ to our lives. We must seek to know Christ;when I see Christ I see God. “The Father and I are one.” John 10:30

When my heart whispered, "Seek God," my whole being replied, "I'm seeking him!" (Message) Closeness to God occurs when I seek God with my whole heart. I desire to know God and this becomes my determined purpose. I don’t half heartily seek God, I don’t just seek Him on Sunday mornings, but I devote my life to seeking this God of the Bible, this God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, this God who so loved me He sent His only begotten Son to reconcile me to Him, this God who destroyed nations because of their sin, this God who took people like David and Paul, murders, Jacob, a thief, Rehab, a prostitute, Peter, loud mouth and undisciplined, The Sinful woman and used them as vessels for His cause. My whole heart is seeking, my whole mind is seeking, my soul and spirit is seeking to know the true God, The Creator of the world, not the God created by man.

My heart said of you, "Go, worship him." So I come to worship you, Lord. (NCV) Worship draws me close to God. True worship brings me into His Presence, and in His Presence I am filled with Him, in His Presence I become a sacrificial offering and thus I am drawn closer to Him. Real worship draws me closer to God because in worship I praise for all His goodness, in worship I lift myself to Him and I focus on Him, in worship it is not about me , it is all about Him and recognizing Him I am drawn closer to this God who keeps me in awe. I am drawn closer to Him because He draws me to Him.

Sabbath Reflection
When God calls you to talk what is your response? Do you do all the talking or are you listening?
What steps do you take daily, weekly to draw close to God?
How does your fellowship look?
How does your seeking look?
How does your worship look?
Are you seeking with your whole heart?

Sabbath Application
Be still and let God guide you with the scriptures, let God pour into you.
Determine what steps you need to take to draw closer to God
Dig deeper by looking for additional scriptures about drawing closer, seeking, worshipping and talking to God.

Lord Take Me Deeper
One day soon afterward Jesus went to a mountain to pray, and he prayed to God all night. Luke 6:12

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John1:1

But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul. Deuteronomy 4:29

Exalt the Lord our God and worship at his footstool; he is holy. Psalm 99:5

Prayer of Change
God, to whom all glory belongs, blessed is thy Name O Lord. Dear Lord teach me how to pray, let my heart cry out to God, and let my spirit hear when You answer back my Lord. Father help me to see Your face as I study your word, gleaming Your truths and acknowledging Your ways. Father let my worship be for real and let it be forever pleasing to You and as I worship reveal Yourself to me, that I may know You the Living God., God of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. In the Awesome and Holy Name of Jesus I pray.

Click Here for more Spiritual Sundays

4 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I agree that it's important to stop and consider God and the things of God.
Come visit me and check out the book giveaways. Happy Spiritual Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Another great post. Thank you for sharing this with us on Spiritual Sundays.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Thank-you so much for sharing these things with us today.
God Bless
Ginger

Something Beautiful said...

I just reblogged this post. these truths have been an anchor for me. Thankyou!

http://hartmanlife.tumblr.com/