My Holy Rest

Sunday, October 26, 2008

My Sabbath Offering


Sabbath Rest through Prayer

Father God, my Creator, Lord of Heaven Armies, Majestic God full of grace and mercy. God who is surrounded by love, beautiful God upon Your Holy Name I rest my soul today. In love I come to Your Holy throne, seeking thy Presence. Today I surrender all, I rest all of me at your altar, May the offerings of my lips be pleasing to You and may the offerings of my heart lift You up and magnify Your Name in all the earth. In the gracious loving name of Jesus I pray.


Sabbath Rest through Thy Holy Word


"The Widow’s offering"
While Jesus was in the Temple, he watched the rich people dropping their gifts in
the collection box. Then a poor widow came by and dropped in two small coins. “I tell you the truth,” Jesus said, “this poor widow has given more than all the rest of them. For they have given a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she has.” Luke 21:1-4

Sabbath Study
She has given all she has. When we go to God do we offer all we have, do we shower Him with all of our gifts or do we hold back giving only a portion? The portion which is not important to us? The portion we don’t need for other uses, our surpluses? The Lord gave us His very best, Jesus. He did not hold back because He so loved us. Do we love Him enough to take Him our very best? The Holy Spirit has graced us with gifts to bear fruit for the kingdom. We are to offer these gifts in the world to bring honor to God.

Let us take a closer look at the Widow’s offering. In my heart I see her gift as more than just two coins which were all she had. Her love for God was greater than what the two coins represented from a world’s eye. She gave from her essence; spirit and soul. She gave from knowledge that God is All. To you Father I offer myself, I stand before You Lord empty, everything I call my own I give to You; all my cares, all my needs, all my possessions, my selfishness, my desires. My God you have been so good to me, I am poor, I don’t know how my next will come but I know it will come from You so in obedience Lord I give you more than ten percent, Lord here is my all. All I am is because of You, all I have is because of You, and all I have is Yours. I give back all to You. This woman learned to put first things first. “But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these other things will be added unto you.” (Matthew 6:33) This Sabbath Day the widow brought her faith and trust in God to the offering plate, she brought hope that the God of all compassion would see her heart. “Lord it doesn’t matter if I don’t have physical food today just feed me spiritually. I may not be able to pay my rent that ok Lord I know you will make a way. Lord I will not put your name to shame by worrying about my last, my last is yours, let me see Your glory Lord. The widow woman entered God House,
with God on her mind, she didn’t come out of habit, she didn’t come seeking to have her problems solved, she didn’t come to fellowship with her neighbors, she didn’t even come to hear the preacher or the choir, she came to worship her God. To be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. Romans 12:1 (NLT)

Sabbath Reflection
What do you offer Jesus today? Are you giving from your surplus?
When is the last time you gave God your last? Have you ever given Him your last?
Look at everything you have, could you sell it all and give the proceeds to the poor?
Are you willing to empty your spiritual house of all its’ possessions? Laying it all on the altar for God and allowing Him to fill you with Himself.
Make a list of all your spiritual gifts are you producing fruit which will last?
What characteristics do you see in the Widow? Which ones would you like to possess? What steps do you need to begin to take to move you in the direction you desire?
What is the Lord saying to your heart as you mediate on the widow’s offerings?

Sabbath Prayer
Father, my Lord and Savior God take me to the place where I no longer give to You from my surplus. Let me live in a place of real faith and trust, knowing you will
meet my every need. Let me live in a place where daily I empty myself of my own desires, looking heavenward to receives Your will for my life. Father help me to stop living for me and let me open myself to receive Jesus allowing Him to live through me. Father create in me a spirit which is reflective of the widow woman who had no problem giving you her last, her all knowing you would meet her every need. Help me to move beyond a few words of praise and thanksgivings to a place of true, genuine heart worship. In Jesus Name I pray.

Click Here for more Spiritual Sundays

7 comments:

Peggy said...

Blessings Wilnette...Such an inspiring Prayer, Word, Study & thought provoking questions for reflection!!! The Widow's Offering giving all she has certainly allows us to see how Our Heavenly Father is waiting for us to respond like her.

And you have from a most beautiful open spirit and compassionate heart, trusting in Him to provide all the details...as you seek Him first. May He be Jehovah Jireh for you!

There's no way you'd know this but I listed you as one of my Friday Fave Fives...a new meme I tried & liked. if you get a chance come visit Friday's.
http://mazmagi.blogspot.com/2008/10/fridays-fave-5.html

May Our Lord be honored by your offer and your grateful heart for ALL He has offered on our behalf!
It's absolutely amazing! When I came to volunteer in here in Mexico, I gave up alot back home, and live here with the minimal... but the most difficult was to give up my Arabian horse that I had raised since he was a colt. Most people would not understand the meaning of that...but to me it was a great sacrifice. I gave him to a church family, at first as if they were doing me a favor to take care of him...and then I gave him completely to them for their youngest daughter. I live alright but I see how others live in poverty & it breaks me even more. This last week of the month has been a struggle for a while to stretch my money to last til the end. But God always provides, He never fails me...He even brings special surprises that delight my heart...Our God is the BEST giver of them all and how He moves through others can be such a blessing! May you be blessed!

Kate said...

Oh, what a beautiful, peaceful rest I've had here! God bless you as you continue to lift up the incomparable name of Jesus!

Love,

Kate.

SmilingSally said...

Thank you for reminding us that the woman with the two mites gave here all. Happy Spiritual Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful post, Willnette. This is such a powerful scripture that always makes me search my own soul. I'm happy for that example in the scripture and thank you for bringing it to our attention once again.
Hope you are having a good Spiritual Sunday.
Charlotte

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Sis..
You just don't know how much you bless me, I get such a peaceful, calming, presence in my spirit as I read your words that the Holy spirit put upon your heart to share with us. I know that you put a lot of prayer and reading of the God's word to be able to pour out these gems and treasures to each of us who come by to read and have been blessed by every morsel of Love.

Luv ya Lorie

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Wilnett, I like to read your post in peace and know that I have time to reflect on it. Thank-you so much for a wonderful post and your beautiful prayers and the scriptures that you choose. It is always a blessing to come here on Sundays.
Thank-you God Bless,
Ginger

Unknown said...

Tremendous post and I love the artwork!

KJ