My Holy Rest

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Quiet Rest


Sabbath Prayer
I wait quietly before Your Holy throne my God, for my victory comes from You. Dear God You alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken.
Let all that I am wait quietly before You my God, for my hope is in You, God and Lord of heaven and earth. God alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken. My victory and honor comes from Jehovah alone. The Lord is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. I will trust in You O Lord at all times. I will pour out my heart to You for You my God is my refuge. (Psalm 62:1-2,5-7)

Sabbath Scripture
This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel says; Only in returning to me will you be saved. In quietness and confidence is your strength. Isaiah 30: 15

Sabbath Rest
The Lord waits for me to come to him so He can show me His love and compassion. For the Lord is a faithful God. I am blessed because I wait for His help. His help comes quietly but surely. (Isaiah 30:18)

In quietness and confidence I sit before the Lord. Kneeling before His holy throne I find rest for my soul. My spirit is quieted in His presence and my heart is tuned to His voice. All the cares and anxieties of the world I cast before Him, from me He takes them all. Lovingly His compassion and love is poured into me. I am filled as He draws near to me, shielding me with His love. My heart is joyous as I rest in His care. I lift my heart in praise; glorious are all your works O Lord, marvelous are Your ways, Majesty and splendor flows from Your touch. Great is the Lord, mercy and grace surrounds You. O’ Emmanuel, My God is with me, Jehovah Rophe, the Lord my Healer, takes away my pain and my soul is healed. Elohim, the Lord Almighty is awesome in my life. El Shaddai, God is my All Sufficient, Adonai, my Lord, Jesus my Lord I praise Your holy name. Jehovah Rohi, the Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me besides the still waters, He restores my soul. Jehovah-Shammah – God’s Abiding Presence is always with me. O Lord may I rest in Your Presence for all eternity?

Sabbath Worship




Click Here for more Spiritual Sundays

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because of who he is, he is worthy of all our praise. Thank you for this reminder. Because of who he is, we can never praise Him enough. Beautiful song. Beautiful post. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Your post is a good reminder that God our Father invites us to rest in Him. Thank you.

SmilingSally said...

He alone is worthy of our praise.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

What a beautiful song and worship on this beautiful morning! Because of who He it! Amen!

Have a blessed day,
Kathi :)

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Thank-you for such a great post.
ginger