My Holy Rest

Sunday, July 6, 2008

God's Love


Rest On the Following Scripture throughout your Sabbath Time. What is being spoken to your heart?

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. John 15:9

God confirms Christ words to us.
Then a cloud appeared and enveloped them, and a voice came from the cloud: "This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!" Mark 9:7

Consider the ways in which Christ has loved you? Make a list in your journal. Write a praise of thanks and love to God the Father and God the Son.

Reflection
Reflect on the following scriptures; write out the ways in which God has shown His love for you.

And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. Romans 5:5

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Ro 5:8

You gave me life itself, and incredible love. You watched and guarded every breath I took. Job 10:12

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:4-7



Sabbath Study
Psalm 23:1-6 (The Message)
God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing. You have bedded me down in lush meadows; you find me quiet pools to drink from. True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction. Even when the way goes through Death Valley, I'm not afraid when you walk at my side. Your trusty shepherd's crook makes me feel secure. You serve me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies. You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing. Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life. I'm back home in the house of God for the rest of my life.


God because of His great love and care for us supplies all we need, we don’t stand in want. If you find yourself wanting take time to examine your self and your situation. Evaluate where this “want” is coming from, what are you doing to create this want? Are you recognizing what God has placed in your life, do you rest in the lust green pastures He daily provides? Identify what green pastures look like for you. Have you made it a part of your life to have quiet times with God? Have you created sacred spaces in your heart, home, community where your can drink of the Lord. “On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink (John 7:37)
God in His great love provide us guidance, even when we are walking in the valley God is there to meet us at our need; providing us safe passage. Imagine of all the gods our God chases after us with His love is there anything, or any other love as beautiful in your life? God promises us a dwelling place all the days of our lives even into eternity. Begin to dwell in God’s love today, dwell in His Holy Presence it is full and complete, leaving you with no “want.”

Life Application
Make a commitment to take all your needs this week to God.
1-Ask Him if it is really a need, ask Him to show you how He has already provided for this need to be met.
2-Find a scripture for each need
3-Mediate and pray on the scripture
4-Wait for God’s answer
5-Give thanks when it is supplied
6-encourage someone else by sharing how God met your need

Loved with everlasting love

Loved with everlasting love,
Led by grace that love to know;
Spirit, breathing from above,
Thou hast taught me it is so.
Oh, this full and perfect peace!
Oh, this transport all divine!
In a love which cannot cease,
I am His, and He is mine.
Things that once were wild alarms
Cannot now disturb my rest;
Closed in everlasting arms,
Pillowed on the loving breast.
Oh, to lie forever here,
Doubt and care and self resign,
While He whispers in my ear,
I am His, and He is mine.
His forever, only His:
Who the Lord and me shall part?
Ah, with what a rest of bliss
Christ can fill the loving heart.
Heaven and earth may fade and flee,
Firstborn light in gloom decline;
But, while God and I shall be,
I am His, and He is mine.

George W. Robinson

Sabbath Praise
Gracious Lord, Our heavenly Shepherd to Your name we give glory and honor.
Your love reaches to the highest mountain
Your love Lord flows to the lowest valley
Your love surrounds us
Your love is unfailing
Your love Lord supply all our needs
Your love Lord leaves us without want
Your love Lord guides us
Your love strengthen us,
Your love encourages us,
Your love Lord daily chases us
Your love is great and kind
Your love fills the earth
Your love endures forever
Lord You are rich in love and blessed are Your people
We are grateful.
We cry thank You.

1 comment:

Plant Lady said...

Wonderful! Glad I stopped by today!

Blessings,
Plant Lady