My Holy Rest

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Holy Spirit- My Sabbath Rest


Mediation
Before you begin mediating on today’s scripture pray the following prayer.
Sweet Holy Spirit You are welcome in this place. I welcome You into my heart, spirit and soul. I welcome You Holy Spirit into my time of Worship, Guide me Holy Spirit into Thy Holy of Holies where I may find a Sabbath Rest.

Mediate on the following Scripture. Read it at least 3 times

And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13
What is being spoken to your heart? What is God telling you about your relationship with Him? How is God telling or showing you His love in the verse? How does this knowledge draw you closer to God? Share any thoughts with God through prayer or praise or write it in your journal for renewal and strength in the future.

Scripture Study
John 14: 15-25
"If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever-- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, "But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?" Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. "All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you".

Come Holy Spirit
Jesus did not leave you without hope, without guidance, or without comfort or peace. In fact Jesus promised if you would obey His commands the entire Trinity would dwell in you. Imagine the Father, Son and Holy Spirit has made their home with you. What great power, what great love within you. You are one with the Trinity, you are special for this is not for the world but just for you who have chosen to love and believe Christ. Because of your obedience to Christ you have the love of God and with God’s love come grace, mercy, compassion, faithfulness, deliverance, joy and much much more. You have your very own personal teacher in the presence of the Holy Spirit. You do not have to lack in knowledge or wisdom, God prepared the way for you to possess all you need to walk in His light. Grieve not the Spirit of the Lord, but claim Him as your own, He is waiting to have an up close and personal relationship with Him. He is waiting not only to reveal God to you as your God but to take you in to the Holy presence where you may dwell day by day, eternally in His Holy tabernacle.


I am one with Thee, Lord Jesus,
One in spirit now with Thee;
All Thyself I now possess, Lord,
All Thou art now lives in me.
One with Thee, one with Thee,
One with Thee, one with Thee;
Day by day I share Thy riches,
Thou art everything to me.
Now I share Thy human life, Lord,
Filled with Thy humanity,
All of Thy complete obedience
Is available to me.
One with Thee in crucifixion,
On the cross I died in Thee;
I am dead unto the world, Lord,
And the world is dead to me.
One with Thee in resurrection,
Risen now to live in Thee,
With that life which is Thyself, Lord,
Now in me, Lord, even me.
One with Thee in Thine ascension,
In the heavens now with Thee;
Here a pilgrim and a stranger,
My true life is hid in Thee.
One with Thee in Thine enthronement,
Sharing Thine authority,
Even as I share Thy life, Lord,
I in Thee and Thou in me.
Mrs. Donald Davison


Life Application
For the rest of the day and this week
1-talk with the Holy Spirit
2-invite Him into your day
3-treat him as you would if you were spending the day with a friend.
4-record in your journal (if you keep one) daily how the Holy Spirit reveals Himself to you.
4-at the end of the week reflect on how your week was different as you spent time with the Holy Spirit

Pray a prayer of gratitude to the Heavenly Father for His Holy Spirit and the work of the Spirit in your life.

Sabbath Prayer
Blessed Father, God who is one with thy people, most Holy One with a thankful heart I come to your throne, praising you and loving you Father for sending thy Holy Spirit to dwell within me to teach and guide me in your truth. Father I thank you and Thy Faithful Son, Jesus who have become one with me. Help me Father God to continually obey your commands and demonstrated my love for you. I pray Father that daily You will lead me to commune with Thy Holy Spirit, let Thy Spirit fall fresh on me, anointing me to move and live in your grace and love. My Lord I thank you, I adore you and I love you and to your Holy Name I give all praise, glory and honor. In the mighty name of Jesus I pray.

2 comments:

The Bayou Rabbi said...

you, just like your false "god", are guilty of blasphemy. You know nothing of the Sabbath. Come see the truth:

www.bayourabbi.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

God bless you, God chaser.