My Holy Rest

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Lord You Know Me A Sabbath Rest



O, Lord You have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sat down and when I stand up. You know every thought from far away. You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest. Psalm 139:1-3 NLT

Prayer
Today LORD You tell me to stop and rest with You. In Your Holy presence I come. I come away from the call of the world, seeking renewal and refreshment in You and in Your holy word. In Your Presence I find love shadowed by faith, righteousness and peace kissing, clinging together to shower me with Your blessings. Refresh my memory, remind me of all your pass blessings; how you have always been there for me, since I met you I have never been alone. Father I seek your face, wipe away my sins. Give me strength to change my ways, pour out showers of blessings to refresh me. In Jesus Name I pray Amen.

Love and faithfulness meet together; righteousness and peace kiss each other. Psalm 85:10
Now it's time to change your ways! Turn to face God so he can wipe away your sins, pour out showers of blessing to refresh you, Acts 3:19

Meditate on the beginning Scripture.

Quiet your heart, spirit and soul. Listen for God’s voice.
What is the Lord saying to your heart?

1-Ask God to reveal His findings to you.
2-Ask God to reveal what He would have you to change
3-Ask God to reveal the secret things of your heart and thoughts.
4-Ask God to reveal those things which hinders you.
5-Ask God to reveal the path He has charted for you.
6-Ask God to reveal the steps you need to take to follow the path He has charted.

Offer Praise for those things God has revealed to you.

If the path I travel
Lead me to the cross,
If the way Thou choosest
Lead to pain and loss,
Let the compensation
Daily, hourly, be
Shadowless communion,
Blessed Lord, with Thee.
If there's less of earth joy,
Give, Lord, more of heaven.
Let the spirit praise Thee,
Though the heart be riven;
If sweet earthly ties, Lord,
Break at Thy decree,
Let the tie that binds us,
Closer, sweeter, be.
Lonely though the pathway,
Cheer it with Thy smile;
Be Thou my companion
Through earth's little while;
Selfless may I live, Lord,
By Thy grace to be
Just a cleansed channel
For Thy life through me.


Arise Woman Of God
Rise up O woman of God
In what He has given you
The things God has laid on your heart
Rise up, go forth, and do

Unlock what God has placed within
The potential you have inside
The world is waiting for your release
To expand your wings and fly

Arise in your God-given gifts
For this is your finest hour
Arise in the Lord’s holy might
Ignited and empowered

For God is calling you to come forth
To impact this world for Him
Don’t hold back or limit yourself
Let His power arise within

And take His message to the world
To those that have lost their way
For you can surely make a difference
If you’d hear His voice and obey

You shall be strengthened in the Lord
As you begin to arise
Conquering those doubts that pull you down
And believe who you are in Christ

For you shall surely be transformed
As, in you, God increases more
And become a woman of true excellence
Bringing honour to her Lord

© By M.S.Lowndes

May your Sabbath Rest lift you to a place of divine peace.

4 comments:

Plant Lady said...

Wilnette,
What a beautiful prayer! The whole post was beautiful.

I find it very refreshing for my soul. I have been in a "desert" recently and I have just started to find my way out. This post comes at a good time. Just what I needed.

Thanks for your friendship!

Blessings~
Plant Lady

godlover said...

I may be a day late, Wilnette, but I'm here. Your poetry was beautiful. I need a day off from everything so I'm not blogging or doing housework or anything other than read. The Lord revealed to me what my problem was with reading comprehension. Very simply, I was letting my mind wander while I read. He has taught me to lasso my thoughts when they stray and bring them back to what I'm reading. It is so good to know I'm not getting dementia, which I think is something we all worry about. None of us wants to lose our minds. I really appreciated your prayer for me. Thought I'd let you know, God answered it very nicely. Thank you again. Sorry I was late getting to your post.

Marj
http://gdlvr.blogspot.com

Michele Williams said...

This was beautiful. Thank you. I was truly blessed by your post and blog.

Plant Lady said...

Wilnette,
You DID NOT miss the deadline! Mr Plant Lady reminded me that those folks who live on the West Coast are in a different time zone. You made it in just under the wire!

I'll add your name.

Plant Lady