My Holy Rest

Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Soul Says Yes



















The Presence of the Lord
My Soul is Silent-Preparation

Be silent, my soul, in the presence of the Lord. He is coming out of the holy place where he lives. (Zechariah 2:13, paraphrased)

The Lord is in his Holy Temple; my soul shall be silent in his presence." (Habakkuk 2:20, paraphrased)

Read the above verses at least 3 times slowly let them penetrate your mind and your senses. Try repeating the verses without looking at them. Quiet your soul. Quiet your Spirit. Close your eyes and think about the Holy Lord coming out of His temple to meet with you right now. Imagine what the Lord will say to you as you meet with Him. (Stay here as long as you like.)

Let a woman learn by listening quietly. (1Timothy 2:11a)

Lord Thy God May I enter Your Holy Presence?
My Soul meets with God


Continue in the Presence of the Lord, pray, study the following scriptures, let the Holy Spirit Lead you) Offer a prayer to the Lord, what is He speaking to your heart? This may be a good time to journal your thoughts.

Prayer Starter
Lord, into Your Holy Presence I desire to come. You are a lover of prayer and Father I stand before You offering a prayer of love, thanksgiving and praise. Bring me Father into Your presence, to Your Holy Temple, quiet my soul, Holy Spirit I welcome You, guide me to the Father where there are pleasures of joys. Take me to a place of worship and help me to lift and magnify the Name of the Lord. In the great name of Jesus I pray. Amen

Mediate on the following scriptures, read them several times. Think about what God is telling you to do. (Obey)

After he had sent them away, he went by himself up into the hills to pray. It was late, and Jesus was there alone. (Matthew 14:23)

But Jesus often slipped away to be alone so he could pray. (Luke 5:16)

At that time Jesus went off to a mountain to pray, and he spent the night praying to God. (Luke 6:12)

Because of your great love, I can come into your Temple. Because I fear and respect you, I can worship in your holy Temple. Psalm 5:7

Write or say a prayer giving worship. Focus only on God’s attributes. Make a list in your journal or in your heart of God’s attributes.
God you are Awesome, Beautiful is the Lord, the Lord is wonderful in all His ways. My God you are full of loving kindness, your mercies never cease they are new every morning. The Lord is trust worthy and full of compassion. Continue with your own list.


My Soul Wakes Up

O my soul, bless God. From head to toe, I'll bless his holy name! O my soul, bless God, don't forget a single blessing! Psalm 103:1-2

Bless God, all creatures, wherever you are - everything and everyone made by God. And you, O my soul, bless God!

I thank you, High God - you're breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration - what a creation!

Hallelujah! O my soul, praise God!

Sabbath Study
Psalm 27
The Lord is my light and the one who saves me. I fear no one. The Lord protects my life; I am afraid of no one. Evil people may try to destroy my body. My enemies and those who hate me attack me, but they are overwhelmed and defeated. If an army surrounds me, I will not be afraid. If war breaks out, I will trust the Lord. I ask only one thing from the Lord. This is what I want: all my life. And look with my own eyes at his Temple. During danger he will keep me safe in his shelter. He will hide me in his Holy Tent, or he will keep me safe on a high mountain. My head is higher than my enemies around me. I will offer joyful sacrifices in his Holy Tent. I will sing and praise the Lord.
Lord, hear me when I call; have mercy and answer me. My heart said of you, "Go, worship him." So I come to worship you, Lord. Do not turn away from me. Do not turn your servant away in anger; you have helped me. Do not push me away or leave me alone, God, my Savior. If my father and mother leave me, the Lord will take me in. Lord, teach me your ways, and guide me to do what is right because I have enemies. Do not hand me over to my enemies, because they tell lies about me and say they will hurt me. I truly believe I will live to see the Lord's goodness. Wait for the Lord's help. Be strong and brave, and wait for the Lord's help.


Life Application
“My Soul is Changed”
Make a list of all God is in Psalm 27
Make a list of all God does for you or will do for you in Psalm 27
Read the Psalm again and praise God for every blessing you identified.


"When the people of the land come into the Lord's presence at the special feasts, those who enter through the north gate to worship must go out through the south gate. Those who enter through the south gate must go out through the north gate. They must not return the same way they entered; everyone must go out the opposite way. (Ezekiel 46:9 NCV)

Ask yourself, is there any difference in me. Am I leaving the Lord’s Presence differently than when I enter? The Lord says we must not return to our lives the same way. When we leave His Holy Presence we should be the opposite of what we were when we entered. Our praise, our worship, our thoughts, our actions, our speech, our soul, heart, and spirit should be different. Do you need to return back to the Lord or are you leaving His presence a transform woman?

Speak, Lord, in the stillness
Speak, Lord, in the stillness,
While I wait on Thee;
Hushed my heart to listen,
In expectancy.

Speak, O blessed Master,
In this quiet hour;
Let me see Thy face, Lord,
Feel Thy touch of power.

For the words Thou speakest,
They are life indeed;
Living bread from heaven,
Now my spirit feed!

All to Thee is yielded,
I am not my own;
Blissful, glad surrender,
I am Thine alone.

Speak, Thy servant heareth,
Be not silent, Lord;
Waits my soul upon Thee
For the quickening word.

Fill me with the knowledge
Of Thy glorious will;
All Thine own good pleasure
In Thy child fulfill.

Like a watered garden,
Full of fragrance rare,
Lingering in Thy presence,
Let my life appear.

Emily Mae Grimes

My Soul Reflects
Reflect on all the Lord has revealed to you during this time

1. Take a few minutes to mediate on one of the scriptures or the scripture from your worship service today and reflect your thoughts in your journal or just in your heart. Ask yourself what God is saying to you? How is God telling you to apply this scripture to your life? What steps do you need to take to manifest this word in your life? Record your thoughts from Life Application. Record or reflect on your feelings and thoughts as you read “Speak, Lord, in the stillness”.

2. Give God thanks for this time of mediation. Praise Him for His blessings to you today. Thank and praise Him for each way He has transformed you. Write them in your journal.

3. Sing a song to the Lord, or write your own psalm of praise

4. Offer a prayer to the Lord.

Share your experience if you desire, if not just let me know you stopped by. I pray God’s blessings for you my sister. I am loving you in and through Christ our Savior. If you don’t know the Savior and found your way here, God is calling you to Him, He is the answer you seek. Offer a prayer of repentance and invite Christ into your heart and life and He will become your everlasting Savior. I am available if you need a prayer partner.

1 comment:

godlover said...

You put so much into your Sunday blog. You must spend forever blogging by the sheer volume alone. But you're always right on target and I so appreciate all your work.

YSIC
Marj
http://gdlvr.blogspot.com