My Holy Rest

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Fill MY CUP A Sabbath Rest


My Desire Today Lord
One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. Psalm 27:4

The Beauty of the Lord
Father I come into Your Holy Presence, to gaze upon Your beauty.
Your love is unfailing.
Your faith surrounds you.
Your mercies are new every morning.
Your compassion is untouchable.
Your strength guides me to Your holy dwelling.
Your beauty is everlasting and sure.

Sabbath Study
Mark 3:1-12
Another time he went into the synagogue, and a man with a shriveled hand was there. Some of them were looking for a reason to accuse Jesus, so they watched him closely to see if he would heal him on the Sabbath. Jesus said to the man with the shriveled hand, "Stand up in front of everyone." Then Jesus asked them, "Which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?" But they remained silent. He looked around at them in anger and, deeply distressed at their stubborn hearts, said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." He stretched it out, and his hand was completely restored.

Be restored in your heart, mine and spirit this Sabbath day. Take a few minutes and ask the Lord to give you restoration in those areas where you have grown tired and weary. Ask the Lord to restore your heart to Him as He prepares you for the week ahead.

He said to them, "This is what the Lord commanded: 'Tomorrow is to be a day of rest, a holy Sabbath to the Lord. So bake what you want to bake and boil what you want to boil. Save whatever is left and keep it until morning.'" Exodus 16:23

Today is now tomorrow, rest today, relax and fill your cup with strength from the Lord that you will be prepared to face whatever challenges come your way this week.


The Lord replied, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." Exodus 33:14
The Lord desires to share in rest with you today. He is waiting for you to call to Him, invite Him in and than soak in His Holy Presence.
R-Renew your mind with His Holy Word
E-Enter His Presence with thanksgivings.
S-Seek the Lord while He can be found, seek with your whole heart, mine and soul.
T- Timeless is the word of the Lord. Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.

My Sabbath Prayer
Father God today I desire to dwell in Your Holy Temple. I come to the throne of grace today, that I might find you for You said I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me. (Proverbs 8:17)
I seek You today with my whole heart, all of my mind and with a giving spirit. To set at Your feet for a while is my heart desire. Meet with O Lord, come Holy Spirit I open the door for Your Presence. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.

Fill my cup fill it up and make me whole
Like the woman at the well I was seeking
For things that could not satisfy
And then I heard my Savior speaking
Draw from my well that never shall run dry
Fill my cup Lord I lift it up Lord
Come and quench this thirsting of my soul
Bread of heaven Feed me till I want no more
Fill my cup fill it up and make me whole
There are millions in this world who are craving
The pleasures earthly things afford
But none can match the wondrous treasure
That I find in Jesus Christ my Lord
Fill my cup Lord I lift it up Lord
Come and quench this thirsting of my soul
Bread of heaven Feed me till I want no more
Fill my cup fill it up and make me whole
So my brother if the things this world gave you
Leave hungers that won't pass away
My blessed Lord will come and save you
If you kneel to Him and humbly pray
Fill my cup Lord I lift it up Lord
Come and quench this thirsting of my soul
Bread of heaven Feed me till I want no more
By Richard Blanshard

Pour into your Sisters In Christ
Share ways you spend your Sabbath time.
Share your thoughts on how God would like us to spend our Sabbath time.
Share lessons, insights, gems from today’s sermon or worship experience at your place of worship.

Life Application
1- Take a few minutes to mediate on one of the scriptures or the scripture from your worship service today and reflect your thoughts in your journal or just in your heart. Ask yourself what God is saying to you? How is god telling you to apply this scripture to your life? What steps do you need to take to manifest this word in your life?
2- Give God thanks for this time of mediation. Praise Him for His blessings to you today. Thank and praise Him for each way He has filled your cup today-write them in your journal.
3- Sing a song to the Lord
4- Worship the Lord.

Check out this site for additional readings on Sabbath Rest
http://www.prayertoday.org/2004/PDF/Articles/Rest-In-The-Lord.PDF

If you need prayer this week please leave your requests and I will post on Sunday evening so prayers can begin on Mondays. Prayer Warriors please check on Mondays.

6 comments:

Plant Lady said...

God Chaser,
This is great! I was just commenting on another blog about the "pressure cooker" world we live in and how God has created a way in us for our "steam" to be released.

I believe God sends "little joys" my way and the "steam" is released in my feeble attempt at humor (Ex. my post, "A Strange Bird, and the subsequent posts about it)

My rest is in the joy I receive when I can take a gift from God, (such as a dog standing in a birdbath) and then create a humorous story that others get interested in and carry the story on even further.

In the comments on the post about the "Strange Bird", one lady did some research on birds to try to identify it. She said she felt silly when the "bird" was unmasked as a dog, but admitted she enjoyed looking at all the birds in her research. So you see, her interest in the story lead her to "learn more about the wonderful creation that our precious Lord had given for our enjoyment!

Only God knows what benefit my "feeble attempt" at humor will be. I only know that He wishes for me to be obedient and "Encourage one another". Even if it in such a "silly little way".

Be Blessed!
Plant Lady

From the Heart said...

As I have said before I have not been in church a lot during the past year because of back surgery. We had a 50th Anniversary at our church today using songs and people from the past to the present. It was wonderful and for the first time in a long time I felt I had been in church and woshiped my Heaven Father.

The bible study and the posts all of you have done on your blogs have been great and are helping me come back to my first love. My cup runneth over. Praise His Holy Name.
Thank you for your prayers,
AliceE.

Sharon said...

Wow, This is really outstanding, very nice.
Your writings are very incouraging, please keep up the great work you are doing.
Sharon

godlover said...

Great site, God chaser, you can bet I'll be checking it out every Sunday. It was a very centering post. My mind and my eyes cast Christ-ward. Sometimes it takes just something like this to create within us a real sense of closeness to the Father. The Scriptures were all so on point! Thanks
Marj
htt://gdlvr.blogspot.come

GOD'S LADIE said...

Another great one! Thanks for teaching us about how GOD wants us to REST in HIM. I loved it and I will be back again.
Blessings,
LaTonya

Sharon said...

Sure hope you can take time to visit my site as well.
Blessings to you
Sharon