My Holy Rest

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Spiritual Sundays


My Sabbath Prayer
You O’ Lord are my strength and my foundation. Lord through all generations You have been my home. Before the mountains were born, before you gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end you are God. In your promises You said You will give me the desire of my heart, my heart desires your Holy Presence, bring my soul and my spirit to thy holy tabernacle and let me dwell in your arms. Guide me to Your face my father and reveal to me thy heart. Let Your Holy Spirit rain on me filling me with a passion to keep this Sabbath Holy, that You may be praised. In Jesus Name

My Sabbath Scripture
Powerful is your arm!
Strong is your hand!
Your right hand is lifted high in glorious strength.
Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne.
Unfailing love and truth walk before you as attendants.
Happiness is mine when I hear the joyful call to worship, for I will walk in the light of your presence, Lord. I rejoice all day long in your wonderful reputation. I exult in your righteousness.
You are my glorious strength. It pleases you to make me strong.
Yes, my protection comes from the Lord, and He, the Holy One of Israel, has given me my king. Psalm 89:13-18 (paraphrased).

My Sabbath Meditation
When I give myself to the Lord I find I am lifted high in glorious strength. He holds me with His strong hand and His most powerful arm. He covers me from the foundation of His throne and I am righteous, walking in His truth, clinging to His unfailing love. I surrender and I am protected, He happily makes me strong able to handle all life throws at me; for His great power dwells in me, works in me through his own Holy Spirit and I rejoice all the day long, shouting, exalting, magnifying, praising and worshipping my Savior whose reputation cannot be brought down low for His words are true, standing firm and high. My God I cannot fail under these conditions. You Most Holy One has become my dwelling place, my safety, my home, my rest and my King and Lord.
I hear Your voice calling to me, I am in light, I walk in light, I am light, I am surrounded by light for I am in the light of Your Presence. I am in Your beauty, I see Your beauty I feel Your beauty, holiness falls on me I lift my hands high, I lift my soul high, I lift my spirit high I lift my worship high and it falls upon Your great throne becoming a sacred offering flowing into eternity.

Lord I love You, I adore You, I give you all praise, You are my holiness, my Lord and my God, my beginning and my end.
Lord I love You, I adore You, I give thanks for You, my holiness, my Lord and my God, my sure foundation. Lord I love you, I adore You, I give You all praise, You are my holiness, my Lord and my God, my bread of Life.
Lord I love You, I adore You, I give thanks for You, my holiness, my Lord and my God, my Prince of peace.

Lord I love You, I adore You, I give You all praise, You are my holiness, my Lord and my God, my Lilly of the valley, my Bright and Morning Star.

Lord I love You, I adore You, I give thanks for You, my holiness, my Shepherd, my green pastures , my still waters.
Lord I love You, I adore You, I give You all the praise, You are my holiness, my Lord and my God You are my Sabbath Rest.
Lord I love You. My Lord and my God.

Go to Spiritual Sundays for more Inspiration on your Sabbath

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

Another beautiful inspiring post. Thank you for sharing. The pictures are beautiful too.

Betty said...

A very touching post. Thank you for sharing those thoughts.

Joyfulsister said...

Amen Amen!!
My sistah the words on this post not only went up to the throne room in heaven, but it brought the throne room in heaven down to where you are!! As the word says The Lord inhabits the praises of his people. I can see the Lord stopping everything and says..
There goes my daughter of whom I am pleased with, she is praising me with all her heart, mind, soul, and spirit, and you know what.. I feel the same way, Whoo hoo The Lord is great and so worthy of our praises..

Luv ya Lorie

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

AWESOME!! What a wonderful post. The picture is beautiful~~
ginger

Nancy M said...

I was sad before I read your "Spiritual Sunday". I still am for my daughters are not being kind to one another and they are grown women. My heart was hurt by this knowledge but your prayer, scripture and meditation lifted me back into His presence where all things work together for good for those who love the Lord.
I thank God for you!
I hope to meet you on that day!
PS Please pray for my daughters. They have hurts. I just said a prayer for you and your family and all who contribute to Spiritual Sundays