My Holy Rest

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Majestic Lord











Sabbath Scripture
O Lord, my Lord, your majestic name fills the earth.
Your glory is higher than the heavens.
I will praise you, lord with all my heart.
I will tell of the marvelous things you have done.
I will be filled with joy because of you.
I will sing praise to your name O Most High
I love you, Lord you are my strength.
You O lord are my rock, my fortress, and my savior.
My God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
You Lord are my shield; the power that saves me, and my place of safety.
You light a lamp for me, The Lord, my God, lights up my darkness.
I will praise you O Lord for you have shown me the wonders of your unfailing love.
You my Lord are king! You are robbed in majesty and armed with strength. Your world stands firm and cannot be shaken.

Sabbath Prayer
Most High God, in awe I rest in Your holy Presence. Lead me O God to your sanctuary and speak to my heart. Examine me through and through, cleansing me of all that is not of You. Wash me of all that does not reflect your wondrous ways. Purify me of all my sins that I may stand in your Presence offering You glory, honor and praise; exalting Thy most Holy Name. Jesus, my Lord in your powerful name I pray.


Sabbath Mediation

Quiet your heart, mind and spirit. Pray the above scriptures to God and then mediate on them; allowing God to lead you into His Presence that He may speak to your heart. Be Still



Sabbath Encouragement
Daughters of the King stand tall today; let not sorrows, issues or pain bring you down. Let not the darkness of your situation still you. There is nothing bigger or greater than our God. We can rest with assurance God can handle any and every problem, situation or trouble we bring to Him. Though our enemy may pour out troubles upon us we can hide in the protective arms of our God. We know the Lord will protect us He is our shield. He is our place of safety. The world cannot touch our spirit for it is covered by the Spirit of the Lord. He stands before us blocking every piercing dart. Though fears and doubts may come they are quickly torn down by the comforting of our rock, our fortress is secure in every battle for it is manned by the Spirit of the Lord. His right hand has won a mighty victory; His holy arm has shown His saving power, Psalm 981b. The Lord will bring us out of darkness and as He moves us He will light our way so we do not fall. Our God is strong and He is always ready to show us His power and unfailing love. We can stand in joy and praise His Holy Name for all the marvelous things He has done. We can declare to the world Our God, our King is robed in
Majesty and His people, His daughters cannot be shaken.

Closing Prayer
I give thanks, O Lord with all my heart; I will sing your praises before the gods. I bow before Your holy temple as I worship. I praise Your name for Your unfailing love and faithfulness for your promises are backed by all the honor of Your name. As soon as I pray, You answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength. (Psalm 138:1-3) Lord I praise Your Name lifting my heart to serve you as You mold and make me more in Your image so that You are glorified in all the earth. In Jesus Name.

Click for More Spirit Sundays

6 comments:

godlover said...

Forgive me, I'm taking an early peek. I doubt I'll have time tomorrow to call up this site. I have church of course and then that's followed by a funeral (or maybe two). Our church librarian, SS teacher, and Prayer Chain coordinator died suddenly last week. She was 87 but didn't seem a day over 67. I almost fell out of my chair when I found out she was 87. She was a sharp, enthusiastic child of God and what a marvelous way to go. No suffering. No lingering. No pain. Just here one moment, gone the next. Praise God, what a wonderful person she was. She will be sorely missed. But right now she's basking in the glory of the Savior's presence while the rest of us trudge on. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such wonderful comments. I truly loved your little story on the hairs on her head. Thanks for thinking I'm worthy of such an honor. Guess I need to go get my head medicated and wrapped in saran wrap. Thanks for your wonderful blogs. I always feel so uplifted after visiting your blog or after you visit mine. Do you have children? Married?

Joyfulsister said...

Happy Sunday Sistah..

Another edifying and uplifting post. I needed this today. We had such a beautiful praise and worship time at church. I sang as if Jesus was the only one in the room *smile*. then I came here and read your beautiful spiritual Sunday and I got blessed even more. Thank you for being sensative to the holy spirit and allowing him to use you as he has been doing.

Love ya Lorie

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

A wonderful reminder to take time for Sabbath..beautiful verses and prayers.

Blessings,
Kathi :)

Charlotte said...

Thank you for the wonderful uplifting post and than k you for sharing on Spiritual Sundays. Have a great week.

Joyfull said...

How beautiful! Our Lord is truly majestic and worthy of worship. What a wonderful post for the Lord's Day. I am peeking a little late, but is surely blessed my heart on a Monday!

nannykim said...

amen...and thank the Lord for a time apart to worship Him.